The Nokomis Group
The Nokomis Group is owned and operated by Noleen Glavish and commenced trading in 1990 as a specialist publisher of high quality natural history books, portfolios, prints, gift cards and original artworks by Australian natural history artists.
We have now expanded to include a NEW BOOKS division in addition to those published by the Nokomis Group. This has come about as Andrew and Belinda Isles who own Andrew Isles Natural History Books have made a decision to retreat from stocking new books and are concentrating on Antiquarian and Second hand books. This new division is primarily a mail order business selling natural history books and we ship worldwide. Our stock holding is substantial and if you click on the New Books tab above, you will see that we are offering a comprehensive range of natural history new books which is predominantly Australian but covers Antarctica, America, Britain, Africa, Europe and Asia.
Many of the books listed on the website are ex Andrew Isles stock and subjects covered are birds, mammals, reptiles, amphibians, fish, invertebrates, botany, gardening, ecology, insects, marine, biology, aviculture, entomology and conservation. Over time we expect this mix to change slightly and we would always be pleased to receive customer feedback from you as this new division of Nokomis settles down.
Turning the Tide on Plastic: How Humanity (And You) Can Make Our Globe Clean Again
– Enough plastic is thrown away every year to circle the world 4 times
– More than 8 million tonnes of plastic enter the oceans each year
– 300 million tonnes of new plastic is produced every year
– An estimated 5 trillion pieces of plastic now litter the world’s oceans
– 38.5 million plastic bottles are used every day in the UK
– A million plastic bottles are used per minute around the world
– 500 million plastic straws are used per year
Plastic is a critical problem for our planet....