Department of Primary Industries, NSW, 2014. 128 pages, Quarto, paperback, colour photographs, tables, other illustrations.
This book is designed to help you investigate and assess the condition and habitat value of vegetation, describe plant communities, survey and assess vegetation, and collect and identify plants. It is useful for land managers, landholders, farmers, weeds and vegetation officers, consultants, land carers and students who want to know more about the vegetation on any site they are investigating.
This guide will help you develop knowledge and skills to:
• determine the need for survey and assessment
• describe plant communities
• choose vegetation survey and assessment methods
• collect and identify plants
• record field data
• map vegetation
• apply legislation and policy
• assess vegetation condition and habitat value
• develop quality vegetation survey reports.
This guide will assist you in choosing the best survey method for your site and help you understand the value of the vegetation you are assessing.